Places we visited: London and Mannings Heath
Length of stay: 2 short days
High point: England was a high from start to finish as we enjoyed spending time with
two different sets of wonderful friends and soaking up their warm hospitality.
Low Point: Only allocating two days in England
Local food/flavor: Fish and chips, London Pride beer, and the tasty home-cooking of
our English and ex-pat friends
Unique Sights: Clean sheets, hot showers, faces we recognize
Things we did:
- We spent the first evening with our friends the Hersteins, who treated us to a
delicious taste from home with a dinner of fajitas.
- We met the newest addition to the Herstein family, their adorable son.
- We stayed with Bill and Michelle, our friends through Erin's days at Southwest
Airlines, and were treated to hospitality at its best!
- Bill and Michelle live in Mannings Heath, a wonderfully quaint town south of
London. We strolled around the center of town admiring the charming houses,
churches and cemeteries.
- After lunch of fish 'n chips (and a beer) at a neighborhood pub, we drove to the
(South Downs) to take in the view of rolling green hills.
- Enjoyed a brief tour of seaside Brighton
- Soaked up every minute in Bill and Michelle's cozy home with another home
cooked dinner and conversation into the wee hours of the night.
- Organized our trekking gear before flying to Africa.